5 reasons why you need to invite your friends to church
I was reading a discipleship book that talks about how mastering your “ninja move” can make a huge difference in how a church can become focused on it’s vision. Our ninja move is simple — it’s inviting people far from God to church.
So, to further train ourselves at LifeChurch Makati to mastering our ninja move, here’s my TOP 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO CHURCH.
Top 5 reasons why you should invite your friends to church:
5. Because you loved the Titanic movie and you told them about it. (Ok, some of you didn’t know about it, but in the 90s, Titanic became a top grossing film of all time simply because people told people that told people it’s an awesome movie). Jesus died and rose again so you can live with him is the best story every told — and it’s a true to life story. It’s a story worth telling people about.
4. Because in the church they will find hope, help and community. Not from self-help books. Not from television programs. They need to be connected to the church to find hope, grow in their relationship with Christ and serve.
3. Because eternity hang in the balance. I won’t invite people to church just because they’ll be entertained, or they’ll meet my cool new friends or some chic from the music team. No! You should invite your friends to church because in it they will hear about Jesus. Their eternity is at stake. And eternity is huge enough of a deal.
2. Because heaven and hell are real places. We’ll live forever, that’s a fact. It’s just a matter of figuring out where we’ll spend it. And while being a follower of Jesus is not for the purpose of transportation rather for transformation, we cannot deny the fact that as sinners, our only hope for spending life in eternity with God in heaven is through Jesus. All others go downhill.
1. Because whoever finds God finds life. Without purpose, without God, without direction in life, you’re just existing, you’re not living. God in your life is the key to live life to the full.
So, who are you going to invite to church this Sunday?